Thursday, February 9, 2012

MDRnD: World of Starym Post #1

After having run a lot of improv based DnD Campaigns that I very much enjoyed, I thought I would try my hand at something a bit more structured. This project has been a great way to test my over all game developing skills (world building, balanced encounters, world economies, and story structure). I hope to share bits and pieces of my development process showcasing a different side of the process each time.

For this first week I would like to show the map of the country in which my PCs have started. "The Kingdom of Cleis" is supposed to represent the part of the world where the government is good and just, where the people are happy. I figured a well off nation with many natural resources would serve as a good starting point for my group of PCs all relativity new to the concept of table top gaming. I will get more into details during different posts but for now have a gander at the map.

Cleis is rich in natural resources that can be used by those with basic skills making it a very profitable nation.


1 comment:

Travel Size Tori said...

hi Mike,
I'm writing a guide to landscape design in gaming, and I'd like to include your map in it. Comments, criticism, things I liked about it and design tips, that sort of thing. Mind if your world map gets a mention?
thanks,
TH